Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Artic Prevails

Not sure what the title of this post was suppose to mean, but I'm just going with it. This next mug is also part of my collection and came from a thrift store near Sports Arena in San Diego, CA. I remember the day oh so clearly. I walked inside and went straight for the Brick-a-Brack, as I always do, and thought instantly of a nerd when I saw this coffee mug. And here's why:

Okay, so maybe the coffee mug is actually kind of cute, but it still has nerd written ALL over it! Just look at those boxes, one could definitely be graphing and figuring out derivatives in there. And the penguins..don't they remind you vaguely of Tux, the Linux penguin? (please forgive me for knowing that, but I'm currently using Ubuntu.) I guess the question I should be asking is who is the nerd now, the mug or the person who owns the mug and can name nerdy references?

But in all seriousness, this mug is DYNAMITE! Anddd, if you scroll through the pictures really fast it is a little stop motion film.

2 comments:

  1. Lu this is hilarious! You know who's obsessed with mugs except she keeps ALL of them? My mom!

    Love you Lu!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should ask her to photograph some of the unique ones and to read the blog. :)

    ReplyDelete